Sunday, December 15, 2013

Birthday and Halloween

Wow I have really fallen behind on this thing. So much has happened in the past few months that I might break this up to give you an easier time reading and me an easier time in writing.

I guess the next major thing that has happened since I last posted was Eliza turned 1! The year has flown by so fast and I can't believe how big she is getting! Being as her birthday is in the beginning of October she has the joy of having it fall on General Conference (a church wide meeting to hear our prophets give council and encouragement held twice a year). It's nice for the first few years because it means that family has an extra excuse to come for her birthday since we live in Salt Lake. It was a great weekend with my whole family coming and Katie and Jake from Nick's family. My parents were able to get tickets for some of the sessions so all of us got to go to one session (there are 5) throughout the weekend. It was so fun to see everyone even if it was a bit crowded. Eliza loved the cake and gifts and as always loved being the center of attention. She didn't quite understand why everyone was staring at her and singing or the whole blowing out the candle bit but she loved it all the same. We also took her swimming at the pool at the hotel my parents were staying at. She loved splashing and screamed with joy the whole time. She did get cold pretty fast since it wasn't too heated so we couldn't stay long but so much fun for her.
Eating cake
Opening Gifts


I guess next on the list of things that happened was Halloween! Eliza had two costumes a monkey(that kinda looked more like a lion) and a mouse. Since Eliza is still pretty little and most of the candy that she would have gotten would have been eaten by Nick or myself and we don't need that, we decided to opt for just going to the ward Halloween party. It was a chilli cook off dinner and mingle type of party but it was fun just the same. Eliza gets a little shy when lots of people are around so she stayed pretty close throughout the party but I think she still had fun. For the actual day of Halloween, Nick's parents came to town and so we hung out with them at home. It was a good night even if we didn't get any trick-or-treaters. Our light is a little wobbly so sometimes it doesn't shine when it is on so that might account for it. Oh well more candy for us!
As a mouse at the ward Halloween Party

As a monkey for Halloween. She did not like the hat.
Well that's the time I have for now I'll get to the next little bit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment